Five Thoughts on Running my Own Business
- Everything takes at least three times as long as you think it is going to. It does not matter if it is finding the right space, getting insurance, or getting a website done. If your gut tells you, “this should only take a few weeks”, plan on 2-3 months.
- Nobody cares as much as you do.
- Surround yourself with like minded individuals who are on board with what you are trying to do.
- Be open for advice, but if you have been successful and have a steady, loyal cliental that continues to grow, don’t let anybody tell you that you are doing things the wrong way.
- In addition, be weary of taking advice from those individuals who have never made a living training people. Experience is the best teacher and if you have no experience, in my opinion, you have no say.